The Gathering relies on volunteers to make this event a success.
The Gathering wouldn’t be possible without the generous help of wonderful volunteers like you. In exchange for working one (or more) two-hour shifts, you get the following perks:
- If you volunteer for one shift, you get free admission to all POTMG events: this includes the Wednesday night square dance at the Village Ballroom, the Thursday night party at the Spare Room and the Friday and Saturday classes, dances and concerts at the Tiffany Center.
- If you volunteer for two or more shifts, you get the free admission PLUS you can head over to the Bubbaville table on Friday or Saturday when you’re not working to pick out a previous year’s T-shirt.
Click on the following link to signup for your preferred shift(s):
You will need to provide both an email address and phone number when signing up, as well as your preferred method for submitting your deposit (see step 3). You are welcome to sign up with a buddy, but you must each sign up for your own shifts so that we have contact info for everyone, and we are sure your shift is saved for you.
We ask all volunteers to place a refundable deposit of $35, the advance price of an all events wristband. If you complete your shift (or let us know in advance if you need to cancel), this will be refunded to you. Deposits can be made either ELECTRONICALLY (via Paypal) or by CHECK (through the mail). Email Patricia, the volunteer wrangler, and let her know your preference. If by Paypal, we will send you an invoice. Otherwise, send a check to:
c/o Patricia Donohue
14151 NE Fremont St.
Portland OR 97230
Come to the Gathering and do your shift(s). Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you have time to learn how to do your job. When you arrive, check in at the box office on the 2nd floor to receive your instructions.
Step 4: Get your refund
After the Gathering is over, you’ll get your deposit back. If you mailed us a check, we will contact you about shredding or returning it to you.
- If you don’t show up for your shift, you forfeit your deposit.
- If you cancel after Noon on Wednesday, January 15, without finding a sub for your shift, you forfeit your deposit.
- If you signed up for more than one shift, and did some of what you signed up for, but missed any of your shifts, and didn’t find a sub, you’ll get back half of your deposit.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find you can’t bear to miss ANY of the events, but would love to help support the Gathering, you can donate
We need and love all our volunteers, but cash is really helpful, too.