We’re a volunteer-organized weekly square dance in Portland, OR.
This is not your grandparents’ square dance! You don’t need special training or fancy clothes. Just come on out to meet people, dance, enjoy great music, and have a drink (beer, wine, and non-alcoholic drinks are available in the hall or downstairs at the pub).
The cost is an affordable sliding scale of $7 to $15. All ages welcome, no experience required. The dance is always held at the Village Ballroom.
In November, February, and May, the dance callers will use gender-neutral instructions, avoiding words like “ladies” and “gents.” But the dance is always friendly and welcoming to all! The dance season runs from September through April. Be sure to”like” our Facebook page for all the latest ESSD news
Ways You Can Support the Dance
- Tell your friends about the dance and send them a link to this website. You can also “like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PortlandSquares
- Take pictures when you’re at the dance and post them to the Facebook page, or Instagram and tag with #sundaysquaredance or #portlandsquaredance.
- Bring a flyer home and put it up at your favorite spot in town.
- Admission is sliding scale, $7 to $15. But ticket sales don’t cover the cost of putting on the dance, so donations above and beyond the ticket price will always be appreciated and effective. You can put extra cash in the basket at the door or you can pay by check.
- Come to the dance as early as possible, to share your dancing skills with the newcomers.
WE ARE SUPPORTED BY FUNDING FROM