The Gathering relies on volunteers to make this event a success.
- If you volunteer for one shift, you get free admission to all POTMG events: this includes the Thursday night party at the Spare Room, the Friday and Saturday classes, dances and concerts, and the new Sunday night POTMG square dance.
- If you volunteer for two or more shifts, you get the free admission PLUS you can head over to the Bubbaville table on Friday or Saturday when you’re not working to pick out a previous year’s T-shirt.
Once you have read the descriptions and know which shift you are interested in, use our SignUp.com invitation to signup for your preferred shift(s):
You will need to provide both an email address and phone number when signing up, as well as your preferred method for submitting your deposit (see step 3). You are welcome to sign up with a buddy, but you must each sign up for your own shifts so that we have contact info for everyone, and we are sure your shift is saved for you.
We ask all volunteers to place a refundable deposit of $30, the advance price of an all events wristband. If you complete your shift (or let us know in advance if you need to cancel), this will be refunded to you. Deposits can be made either ELECTRONICALLY (via Paypal) or by CHECK (through the mail). If you indicate at sign up that you prefer to use Paypal, you will receive an invoice from us via e-mail. If you indicate that you prefer to pay by check, we will send you a follow up e-mail with the address.
Come to the Gathering and do your shift(s). Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you have time to learn how to do your job. When you arrive, check in at the box office on the 2nd floor to receive your instructions.
After the Gathering is over, you’ll get your deposit back. If you mailed us a check, we will contact you about shredding or returning it to you.
- If you don’t show up for your shift, you forfeit your deposit.
- If you cancel after Noon on Thursday, January 11, without finding a sub for your shift, you forfeit your deposit.
- If you signed up for more than one shift, and did some of what you signed up for, but missed any of your shifts, and didn’t find a sub, you’ll get back half of your deposit.
If you find you can’t bear to miss ANY of the events, but would love to help support the Gathering, you can donate
We need and love all our volunteers, but cash is really helpful, too.