Volunteer Positions for 2017!!
- If you volunteer for one shift, you get free admission to the Friday and Saturday events at the Tiffany Center.
- If you volunteer for two or more shifts, you get the free admission PLUS you can head over to the Bubbaville table on Friday or Saturday when you’re not working to pick out a previous year’s T-shirt and a bundle of past posters.
Here’s how to sign up to volunteer:
Step 2: Sign up for shifts
Once you have read the descriptions and know which shift you are interested in, use our SignUp.com invitation to signup for your preferred shift(s):
You will need to provide both an email address and phone number when signing up. You are welcome to sign up with a buddy, but you must each sign up for your own shifts so that we have contact info for everyone, and we are sure your shift is saved for you.
Step 3: Make a deposit
We ask all volunteers to place a refundable deposit of $35, the advance price of a weekend pass wristband. If you complete your shift (or let us know in advance if you need to cancel), this will be refunded to you. E-mail email@example.com and let us know whether you prefer to make your deposit ELECTRONICALLY (via Dwolla.com) or by CHECK (through the mail). There have been a couple people who have not been able to successfully pay using Dwolla if they use a credit union. If that might be you, we suggest mailing a check. We will reply to confirm your shift and provide further instructions.
Step 4: Volunteer!
Come to the Gathering and do your shift(s). Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you have time to learn how to do your job. When you arrive, check in at the box office on the 2nd floor to receive your marching orders.
Step 5: Get your refund
After the Gathering is over, you’ll get your deposit back (plus the 25-cent service charge if you used Dwolla). If you mailed us a check, we will contact you about shredding or returning it to you.
- If you don’t show up for your shift, you forfeit your deposit.
- If you cancel after Noon on Wednesday, January 11, without finding a sub for your shift, you forfeit your deposit.
- If you signed up for more than one shift, and did some of what you signed up for, but missed any of your shifts, and didn’t find a sub, you’ll get back half of your deposit.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find you can’t bear to miss ANY of the events, but would love to help support the Gathering, you can donate
We need and love all our volunteers, but cash is really helpful, too.